Seq problem

Sasha Kraev bckraev at aeolus.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 15 12:50:57 EST 1994

Brian, your case really sounds interesting. The point is, I recently had
to sequence a fragment with 80% alternating GC, including a tract of 20 GCC
with one interruption of AGCTT in between, and several C-tracts in just 200
bp. However, I use a non-standard Sequenase protocol, published by EMBO lab,
which includes DMSO and very high dNTP ( 500 mM in the reaction mix ). The
sequence was perfectly readable, but had a lot of weak stops and ghost bands.
My question is: what happens if you use labelled primer?
Please post me the results.
Sasha.