Transcritional Start Site

klingj klingj at
Thu Dec 15 11:35:12 EST 1994

In article <3ci858$hej at>, klingj at (klingj) says:

>          I am interested in determining the transcriptional start site of a recently cloned
> gene. What current methods are available..... Please E-mail me at klingj at

In a follow up to my first question, several people at VA Tech thought that one can
 use RACE-PCR to identify the transcription start site, but nobody had any info on it.
Is this a viable alternative. I'd also like to avoid isotopes if it is possible. Please let
 me know if anyone has had experience with this technique and if it can be used for
 this purpose. Thanks.

                                                                               Jim Kling

James Kling
Anaerobe Lab