Generalized Transcription Inducers ??

Ng Hian Cheong medp3019 at leonis.nus.sg
Tue Dec 13 04:46:08 EST 1994

I have cloned a gene that is believed to be developmentally regulated as
substaintiated by some evidences from literature. I could not find its
mRNA by RT-PCR of the parasitic stage I'm working on. It would be of
great difficulty to obtain samples of another parasitic-stage for me to
hunt for its mRNA.I am working on a parasitic PROTOZOAN. Could anyone please
enlighten me on how to induce
transcription of mRNAs which under normal circumstances would not have be
transcriped.
  Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.