cheap sequencing setup?

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Thu Dec 15 06:58:18 EST 1994

Steven Hecht (shecht at lamar.ColoState.EDU) wrote:
> 	-how about drying the gel? Could 35-S gels just be allowed to dry
> 	on hot plates or in an oven? I think I read that someone hung theirs
> 	up in a hood and used a hair dryer?

If you stick the gel to one plate (by using binding silane) you can just
put that plate in an oven (80C) for around an hour. The gel has to lose
its stickyness (you can try with your hand if the PAA is still sticky).
That's it.

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */