Help with cleaning up in vitro transcripts

Paul E. Ulanch pulanch at bioch.tamu.edu
Thu Dec 15 14:10:54 EST 1994

I am currently using the T7 and T3 MegaScript Kits from Ambion.  I have
phenol/chloroform extracted them, EtOH ppt them, and even added them to G-50
Spin Columns to clean them up.  If I don't use the spin columns, I get too
much salt and free nucleotide junk co-ppt with my RNA that I am having
difficulty quantitating it.  But when I use the spin-columns, I get hardly
anything out of them.

Anyone have a suggestion what I should try to get higher yields?  Thanks,

Paul "Goose" Ulanch

Dept. Biochem/Biophys
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX   77843-2128