Cellulose-acetate Electrophoresis

Hector Cruz-Lopez pezmen at gate.net
Mon Dec 19 09:40:04 EST 1994

Andreas Langsdorf (Andreas.Langsdorf at agrar.uni-giessen.de) wrote:
: Hello,

: I am starting some work on cellulose acetate isozyme electrophoresis in
: forage plants, and would appreciate any tips that anybody can give me
: regarding appropriate buffer recipes which can be applied to the Helena
: Acetate Electrophoresis System.  Any experienced users out there???

: Thanks in advance
: Illa

I use the technique and have lots of recipes.  I'll be glad to send you
copies if you give me your address.  There are too many for me to type
and e-mail.

I have used some of the conventional buffers (e.g. Selander et al., etc.)
with good results at many loci.  The best sets of recipees are from Paul
Hebert et al. work in Daphnia spp.  I may have some of their reprints, too.

It is a good technique, far more sensitive that starch gel electroph.

hasta la victoria siempre
Hector Cruz-Lopez
Fisheries Genetics Research Project
Boca Raton, FL