West. Blot 125 Iodine and saran wrap

Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU
Mon Dec 19 20:49:50 EST 1994

> I've recently seen an increase in background in my western blot exposures
> which seems to be due to the covering of the filter with Saran Wrap.  Is there
> anyone in netland that dispenses with the use of plastic wrap when exposing
> 125 I westerns.  Thanks for any input.  Regards, Mary
>Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 13:08:02 GMT

Be careful.  Saran wrap can give you SARAN ZAP from static electricity from
the use of gloves etc, seen as black dots, sometimes lightning bolts on XAR
film.

Cheers, Klaus

Klaus Matthaei
Head, Gene Targeting                            |           |
The John Curtin School of Medical Research      |  _--_|\   |
The Australian National University              | /      \  |
Snail mail: Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia       | \_.--._/<<|
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au               |       v   |
Landline: 61 6 249 3782
                        "Sometimes I'm the Louisville slugger"
                        "Sometimes I'm the Ball"