HETEROLOGOUS HYBRIDISATION PROTOCOL

marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be
Mon Dec 19 16:48:04 EST 1994

I need to do hybridisations with probes of about 100 bp and 20 bp on
heterologous target dna's.  The expected HOMOLOGY between the probes and the
target is about 60%.  I realise that the 20 bp probe probably won't work but
there has to be a nice PROTOCOL for the 100 bp probe.  I have to do
this by colony hybridisation,  so I will have a lot DNA on my blots (HYBOND N
nylon membranes (AMERSHAM)).  As a possitive control I will use the homologous
target.   Is it possible to discriminate the homologous target and the
heterologous target just by using two consecutive washing steps?

DOES ANYONE HAS A NICE HETEROLOGOUS HYBRIDISATION PROTOCOL FOR ME ?

OR IS THERE SOMOWHERE ON INTERNET A LIBRARY WHICH CONTAINS THIS KIND OF
PROTOCOLS?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLY

MARC VAN DE CRAEN
E-MAIL : MARCVDC at LMB1.RUG.AC.BE