PCR A/T CLONING VECTOR

marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be
Mon Dec 19 17:04:16 EST 1994

IS  IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A PLASMID VECTOR WHICH GENERATES  SINGLE T-ENDS AFTER
DIGESTION WITH A CERTAIN  RESTRICTION ENZYME ?

Such a plasmid would be very usefull for cloning PCR-fragments by  A/T
cloning.  The advantage would be that you only need to digest the vector to be
certain that  all the 3' ends contain only one T .

OR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY SUCH A PLASMID ?

I realise that clonetech and promega both offer PCR cloning kits but they only
offer linearised plasmids generated by ddTTP tailing of blunt end plasmids.

Thank you in advance for your nice reply

MARC  VAN DE CRAEN

E-MAIL:  MARCVDC at LMB1.RUG.AC.BE