Hints for PCR product Autosequencing (ABI)

J. David Spafford jspaffor at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Dec 20 19:59:17 EST 1994

In Article <hoelzer-201294125354 at hoelzer.biology.unr.edu>, hoelzer at unr.edu
(Guy Hoelzer) wrote:
>In article <anderson-181294145342 at 128.252.181.14>,
>anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu (Eric C. Anderson) wrote:
>
>> i'm looking for a protocol, or some suggestions regarding sample
>> preparation for direct sequencing of PCR products using the ABI Taz Dye
>> Deoxy Terminator Sequencing protocol.

Promega (Wizard) has a spin-column miniprep kit designed for PE 373A
sequencing.
It is supposed to be similar to their standard kit with some extra steps to
prevent diatomaceous earth from appearing in the purified product.

They guarantee that it works well.  I talked to the designer of the kit a
month ago.  I am supposed to be getting a free sample to try soon.

(Usual disclaimer)

J. David Spafford
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta
jspaffor at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca