Hints for PCR product Autosequencing (ABI)

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Sun Dec 18 15:53:42 EST 1994

i'm looking for a protocol, or some suggestions regarding sample
preparation for direct sequencing of PCR products using the ABI Taz Dye
Deoxy Terminator Sequencing protocol.  I have a few papers that suggest
using shrimp Alkaline Phosphatase and Exonuclease I, but all the ones that
i've read deal with radioactive sequencing and Sequenase instead of Taq for
the polymerase.  anyone with experience doing direct sequencing with the
ABI kits (either with or without sAP/Exo I) who would like to share hints
or papers with me would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
eric

--
*Of course it's not true...         *
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110