Looking for: Method for sequencing 5prime ends of cDNA ("RACE")

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Sun Dec 18 15:48:42 EST 1994

In article <3ckftd$eu8 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, "Hr. fink clinbio"
<fink at clinbio.med.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:

> Has anyone a good protocoll? Has anyone
> experience with CLONTECH 5prime-Amplifinder RACE kit?
> Thanks for your help!    Edwin

yes, i have experience with the CLONTECH kit, and i found that it worked
very well for me, but only after i altered the protocol rather
significantly.  if you are interested in these alterations, let me know and
i will e-mail them to you.  i will be out of town from wednesday through
the first of the year so if you want the suggestions, let me know as soon
as possible.

also, i have had no luck at all using the Gibco 5' kit.  other people in
the lab have had it work, but i couldn't get it to go at all.

if you have more questions, e-mail me and i'll be happy to help.

eric

--
*Of course it's not true...         *
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110