HELP! Extraction of periplasmic proteins.

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Tue Dec 20 15:57:47 EST 1994

Alexander V Kravchuk (akravchu at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu) wrote:
>  What is a good method of extraction of periplasmic proteins,
> overexpressed in E.coli? The method I am using now (osmotic shock)
> does not look very efficient: either I get a lot of intracellular
> proteins in the extract, or barely get any protein at all if I try
> to do it more gently.

This topic was very recently covered in bionet.molbio.proteins. You
can either have a look at that newsgroup, or, if you are unable to
read old postings (e.g. because you receive bionet.* by email) you
can search through old postings by gophering to net.bio.net or
ftp.bio.indiana.edu.

If you need information on how to do this, send me email.

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */