PCR A/T CLONING VECTOR

Mic Chaudoir mic at nwu.edu
Wed Dec 21 13:25:01 EST 1994

> I was sent a protocol for making a T/A cloning vector using the TAQ
> polymerase to add the necessary T's to the end of a blunt cut vector. I
> haven't tried it as yet, but considering the ridiculous cost of
> Invitrogen's plasmid I am likely to try it soon. YOU HEAR THAT INVITROGEN!!!

While I have not personally used this protocol, I know several labs on
campus who HAVE, and with very good results.  Be sure that you do the
annealing/ligation at 12°.. this helps.

--
mic
mic at nwu.edu

"It [PowerPC Mac] won't have any effect at all on Intel machines.
They will continue to plod along, running the same clunky Windows              and wretched DOS drivel they always have.  The PPC will affect Intel PCs the same way an SR-71 Blackbird affects a dairy cow."
                     Robert Rhode, in comp.sys.mac.advocacy