affinity purification

Danny Altschuler dla at galactose.mc.duke.edu
Wed Dec 21 12:20:34 EST 1994

Does anyone have a good protocol for affinity purification using
nitrocellulose??? I made aa antibody against a peptide and I want to
affinity purify the serum using the native protein. I do not have enough
protein to couple to a resin but I thought I could do a preparative
Western blot and then elute the IgGs. Can anyone help me with an idea of
ratio of how much protein to load per ml of serum to use? I know that
will depend on titer but I think a " window" from someone that actually
did it before would be helpful.
Thank you all
Danny