Does this strain exist?

benedik at uh.edu benedik at uh.edu
Thu Dec 22 14:35:21 EST 1994

I am looking for the ideal strain for general use in my lab and want to

know if it exists.

What I would really like is JM101 that is endA- ?
The markers I really want are: recA+, lacZM15, lacIq, endA-
We usually use the one step transformation method (PEG+DMSO) and want a
strain which transforms well with that method.

I have tried both JM105 and JM107, which should be fine for my use, but
both transform at least 10-fold lower efficiency using this method.
Anyone out there with our ideal strain?

 Or alternately, does anyone have an endA- mutation linked to a
selectable marker which I could transduce in ?

Michael Benedik               benedik at uh.edu
Biochemical Sciences
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-5934