PCR A/T CLONING VECTOR

Michael Cooley szcooley at dale.ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 22 12:01:39 EST 1994

Richard T. Timmer (rttimme at unix.cc.emory.edu) wrote:
: Michael Cooley (szcooley at dale.ucdavis.edu) wrote:
: : marcvdc at lmb1.rug.ac.be wrote:
: : : IS  IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A PLASMID VECTOR WHICH GENERATES  SINGLE T-ENDS AFTER
: : : DIGESTION WITH A CERTAIN  RESTRICTION ENZYME ?

: : : Such a plasmid would be very usefull for cloning PCR-fragments by  A/T
: : : cloning.  The advantage would be that you only need to digest the vector to be
: : : certain that  all the 3' ends contain only one T .

: : : OR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY SUCH A PLASMID ?

: : : I realise that clonetech and promega both offer PCR cloning kits but they only
: : : offer linearised plasmids generated by ddTTP tailing of blunt end plasmids.

: : : Thank you in advance for your nice reply

: : : MARC  VAN DE CRAEN

: : : E-MAIL:  MARCVDC at LMB1.RUG.AC.BE

: : I was sent a protocol for making a T/A cloning vector using the TAQ
: : polymerase to add the necessary T's to the end of a blunt cut vector. I
: : haven't tried it as yet, but considering the ridiculous cost of
: : Invitrogen's plasmid I am likely to try it soon. YOU HEAR THAT INVITROGEN!!!

: Could you post your protocol for generating the T/A cloning vector using
: TAQ?  Thanks.

: Richard Timmer
: Dept. of Physiology
: Emory University