Phospho-tyrosine cleavage

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Fri Dec 23 18:40:53 EST 1994

Nadesalingam N Palaniyar (npalaniy at uoguelph.ca) wrote:
: Hi netters,

: I am looking for an enzyme(s) or chemical(s) that could cleave the
: phospho-tyrosine bond.  This info I am looking for is needed for removing
: a protein covalently bound to the DNA.  This protein presumably binds the
: DNA at the 3'-phosphate through the -OH group in the tyrosine of the
: protein.

This is just an idea, have no idea if it will work; Would alkaline Phosphatase
work for this? I know it is used to remove the 5'phosphates from DNA or RNA.
I wonder if it would work in this case! If you wanna try and get rid of
the proteins from the DNA, could you do an acid hydrolysis?
Good Luck
Cheers,
--
Shahram Mori					   _/\_
Program in Molecular Biology			  _\  /_ Saskatoon/SK/CANADA