Phospho-tyrosine cleavage

Shahram Mori smori at
Fri Dec 23 18:40:53 EST 1994

Nadesalingam N Palaniyar (npalaniy at wrote:
: Hi netters,

: I am looking for an enzyme(s) or chemical(s) that could cleave the
: phospho-tyrosine bond.  This info I am looking for is needed for removing
: a protein covalently bound to the DNA.  This protein presumably binds the
: DNA at the 3'-phosphate through the -OH group in the tyrosine of the
: protein.

This is just an idea, have no idea if it will work; Would alkaline Phosphatase
work for this? I know it is used to remove the 5'phosphates from DNA or RNA.
I wonder if it would work in this case! If you wanna try and get rid of
the proteins from the DNA, could you do an acid hydrolysis?
Good Luck
Shahram Mori					   _/\_
Program in Molecular Biology			  _\  /_ Saskatoon/SK/CANADA
NMSU  Las Cruces NM				    ||