precise quantificatin of genomic DNA from different sources

Shahram Mori smori at
Sat Dec 24 23:44:07 EST 1994

Brian C. Freeman (bfreeman at wrote:
: Need Help: I have problem in quantification of genomic DNA from different
: cell lines. The DNA samples have been treated with RNase A,
: phenol-chloroform, and the OD260/280 are higher than 1.8. Loading the same
: amount of DNA(based on OD260 measuring)  from different samples in agarose
: gel, however, gives a significantly different fluorecent intensity. Should
: I trust the result from OD measuring or from agarose gel?
Do you see any peaks at  270? If you do that's Phenol, interefering.Get
rid of phenol and it'll be ok.
Shahram Mori					   _/\_
Program in Molecular Biology			  _\  /_ Saskatoon/SK/CANADA
NMSU  Las Cruces NM				    ||