Public Domain Software for the ABI373

Peter J. Neame pneame at com1.med.usf.edu
Tue Dec 27 18:41:41 EST 1994

Andrew Dizon (adizon at ucsd.edu) wrote:

: I understand that there is software out there somewhere that
: essentially does the job that ABI's excessively expensive
: SeqEd and now Sequence Navigator does.  This public domain software
: gives you the same direct access to the ABI 373A data for further
: analyses.  For us, this is mainly alignment and sequence
: comparisons.

I don't know about public domain, but Gene Codes Corp has Sequencher for
about $1400 academic.

They are at GeneCodes at aol.com, PO Box 3369, Ann Arbor, MI 3369.
(313) 769-7249

It's possible that one or two of the genome labs have produced something:
I know that they have work-arounds for dealing with the 373 output in the
way that they want it!

They will send you a demo disk if you ask.

Good luck

Peter Neame
Dept Biochem. and Mol. Biol., USF, Tampa,
Florida.