Public Domain Software for the ABI373

Howard Cash hcash at geneva.crew.umich.edu
Tue Dec 27 19:13:47 EST 1994

In article <3dq8nl$h9q at mother.usf.edu>,
Peter J. Neame <pneame at com1.med.usf.edu> wrote:
>Andrew Dizon (adizon at ucsd.edu) wrote:
>
>: I understand that there is software out there somewhere that
>: essentially does the job that ABI's excessively expensive
>: SeqEd and now Sequence Navigator does.  This public domain software
>: gives you the same direct access to the ABI 373A data for further
>: analyses.  For us, this is mainly alignment and sequence
>: comparisons.
>
>I don't know about public domain, but Gene Codes Corp has Sequencher for
>about $1400 academic.

True, but the price will be going up when Sequencher 3.0 ships in early
1995.  (v3.0 will be a free upgrade to those who bought an earlier version
of Sequencher within the previous twelve months.)

>They are at GeneCodes at aol.com, PO Box 3369, Ann Arbor, MI 3369.
>(313) 769-7249

That address is rather old.  The correct mailing address for Gene Codes is
  Gene Codes Corp
  2901 Hubbard Road
  Ann Arbor, MI  48105

  Phone 313-769-7249 or 800-497-4939
  Fax 313-930-0145

>They will send you a demo disk if you ask.

True.

>Peter Neame
>Dept Biochem. and Mol. Biol., USF, Tampa,
>Florida.

Howard Cash
Gene Codes Corp.