Mouse liver DNA?

Daniel L. Burgess Daniel.L.Burgess at
Wed Dec 28 11:31:11 EST 1994

In article <lremington-2112940900460001 at>,
lremington at (Lee H. Remington) wrote:
> I am trying to make genomic DNA from mouse liver.[deleted text]
> Any idea what this precipitate is? lipoprotein? what can be
> done to get rid of it?  Maybe there is a better part of the mouse to make
> DNA from? I need lots for multiple southerns (15 g/ southern).
> Any input would be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Lee Remington

It's probably glycogen and the easiest way to avoid it is to withhold
food from the animal for 24 hours before prepping the DNA.  We prefer
to use spleen as the source gives a nice, clean prep and
allows minimizes stress if animal regs are an issue.
Daniel.L.Burgess at
PhD-2-B (T - 10 months, and counting)
Dept. of Human Genetics
Positional's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.