cla I site in Bluescript II

Klaus Salger salger at wap18.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Dec 28 15:35:32 EST 1994

Rick Neubig (RNeubig at umich.edu) wrote:
<snip>
: convenient insert. I see that the Stratagene map of pBluescript II
: has Cla I in parentheses. Does this mean that the cleavage is not
: good or that there is another site in the vector for Cla I?
<snip>
Rick,
as far as I know the ClaI site is perfectly OK in pBluescript II.
No second site in the vector, no overlapping methylation site,
so - no problem.
Maybe Stratagene wants you to use Bsp106I instead of ClaI, they don't
sell ClaI anymore. I guess they put it in parantheses to show that
it's just an isoschizomer of Bsp106I.
But this is just a guess, if you want to contact Stratagene directly
here's their e-mail address: tech_services at stratagene.com

Ciao
  Klaus

--
Klaus Salger                phone : ++49 (0)89 5902 -502
Zoologisches Institut       FAX   :                 -450
AG MacWilliams              e-mail: salger at zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de
Luisenstr. 14
80333 Muenchen
Germany