CLONTECH CHROMA SPIN columns

STASCA at vthvax.tamu.edu STASCA at vthvax.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 2 13:32:56 EST 1994

	In article <9402020908.AA28477 at net.bio.net> Shoumo Bhattacharya
writes:
> Has anyone used the Chroma-spin columns from clonetech - and
> how effective were they, and any idea on what the matrix is
> on a Chroma-Spin 1000 column - would it be equivalent to
> Sephacryl S-400?
> Thanks
> Shoumo
> Shoumo Bhattacharya
> MRC Molecular Medicine Group
> Royal Postgraduate Medical School
> Hammersmith Hospital, LondonW12 0NN UK
	I successfully used CHROMA SPIN+TE-100 for DNA extraction from cells,
cryo- and paraffin sections. After proteinase K digestion the supernatant was
passed through CHROMA SPIN column and used in PCR amplification. I failed to
amplify DNA unpurified by CHROMA SPIN columns. You can find details of this
method in our publication:"Detection of Moloney murine sarcoma...", J.Virol.
Methods, 41, 255 (1993).
	I have no idea what substance is the matrix.

	Serban Tasca
	Texas A&M Univ.
	Dept.Vet.Pathobiol.
	College Station