Large PCR products

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 2 23:13:16 EST 1994

In article <2imq1h$nou at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Jose_Costoya
<Jose-Costoya at SEINS.usc.es> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I would like to get some protocol for amplification of large
> PCR products (> 1500 bp).

I've performed PCR the standard way and have obtained around 1.3 kb when
wanted, no special conditions.

Try looking into the use of gp90? the use of single stranded DNA binding
proteins that stabilise it. I read something on this a long time ago. Also
look into different sources of Taq. I think vent from pharmacia is supposed
to make up to 12kb (not). Try amersham as well they do a taq also.

Martin Leach

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)