Erase a Base

Martin Leach leach at
Wed Feb 2 23:23:33 EST 1994

In article <1994Feb2.231108.22049 at>,!rlynch (rick lynch) wrote:

> I need to generate sets of nested deletions.  I have been looking into a kit
> sold by Promega called "Erase-a-Base"  The company claims it is one of the most
> wonderful nested deletion kit on the market, but if I had a nickel for every
> time I heard that I wouldn't be working.:-)
> Anyone tryed it?  If so, could you please let me know what you think of it.

Tried it, Hated it.

First screen on one of the deletions found about 3 deleted clones. When
checking for more, screened 50-60 plus other time points, found none. Even
after 3 attempts at redoing the deletions :)

 Found it much quicker to make oligos and make PCR products and clone them,
or r.enz fragments and glue them together.

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)