in situ...help

KGEISS%RAVEN at EAGLE.AAMRL.WPAFB.AF.MIL KGEISS%RAVEN at EAGLE.AAMRL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Thu Feb 3 11:53:46 EST 1994

    We are endeavoring to implement the use of in situ hybridization
of RNA transcripts by digoxigenin-labeled cDNA.  Our detection system
utilizes visualization of fuorescein-conjugated antibodies (anti-DIG)
with fluorescence laser confocal microscopy.
    We don't seem to be getting more than background fluorescence.
Can anybody give suggestions as to how I should troubleshoot the
problem.  I have a number of articles and books about in situ.  So, I
am not necessarily interested in just looking for another reference, but
I would like any good references concerning the use of a confocal
microscope for in situ's.
    Any personal or anecdotal experiences you could relate to me
concerning troubleshooting in situ would be appreciated.

    In addition, if anyone knows of a short course being offered in the
U.S. on in situ that I could take, please let me know.

Thanks,
Geiss
[:)