Erase a Base

Dean Danner Lab djdlab at
Thu Feb 3 16:26:42 EST 1994

In article 22049 at,!rlynch (rick lynch) writes:
>I need to generate sets of nested deletions.  I have been looking into a kit
>sold by Promega called "Erase-a-Base"  The company claims it is one of the most
>wonderful nested deletion kit on the market, but if I had a nickel for every
>time I heard that I wouldn't be working.:-)
>Anyone tryed it?  If so, could you please let me know what you think of it.
>Rick Lynch
>Agouron Institute
>rlynch at

I've used my kit three times, twice with great results.  The 1 time it didn't
work, was because my template was not cut completely with the first enzyme.
The only complaint I have is that it may be difficult to find the right sites
in your clone, and for them to be far enough away from each other that they
both cut.  Good luck

Dept. Genetics and Molecular Medicine
Emory University
djdlab at