Genuis System

fzestabr at chip.ucdavis.edu fzestabr at chip.ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 3 13:26:20 EST 1994

Hello

We are considering nonradioactive methods for Northern analysis using in
vitro transcripts. Our primary choice has been to try out the kit from
BRL using dig-labeled probes and chemilumenisence detection.

I was wondering if any one has had any luck with trying to get BMB to
sell them a "starter kit". The initial expense of almost $800 is %&*? too
much to handle, especially if it doesn't work well in our hands. We have
talked to several people who have used the Genuis system and I would say
the reports are 1/3 bad and 2/3 good. We may be in that 1/3 group.

I have tried my usual method of talking to tech services to get a starter
kit or cut rate for the first time but have been unsuccessful. Has any
one tried and been successful and can you tell me who you dealt with?

Thanks
Elizabeth