A, C rich Seq

Bob Ludwig lab niflab at biology.UCSC.EDU
Fri Feb 4 12:25:42 EST 1994

> chai_z at wehi.edu.au wrote:
>
> : 	1). Does the A,C rich sequence mean anything?
>
> : Zhonglin Chai
>
> 	I've seen a lot of ACACACACAC and GTGTGTGTGT (pyrimidine-purine)
> repeats in non-coding DNA and there is a lot of literature about them.
> But sorry I don't have the references in front of me.
> 	Other than that, I can't help you.

> *  Brian Foley               *     If we knew what we were doing   *
> *  Molecular Genetics Dept.  *     it wouldn't be called research  *
> *  University of Vermont     *                                     *

I've seen GT repeats in the spacer regions between in tRNA genes in
S. pombe DNA (PNAS 88:1306, 1991)
					--b0b kuhn

Robert Kuhn, PhD              "Twenty years of schoolin'
Sinsheimer Laboratories        and they put you on the day shift
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA 95064  USA      (brown shoes don't make it)"

email: rkuhn at orchid.ucsc.edu               -F. Zappa (RIP)