Concentration from GuHCl ?

flo at unixg.ubc.ca flo at unixg.ubc.ca
Sun Feb 6 03:51:45 EST 1994

Dear Netters :

I have a large (potentially dilute) protein sample in 6M Guanidine HCl
which I will be concentrating and dialysing; I would like to be able to
take an aliquot and see the quality and quantity of the protein(s) in it.
Ideally I would like to rapidly concentrate/precipitate the protein (<2
hours) and take it up in Laemmli loading buffer to run on a SDS-PAGE gel;
the fact that the protein is denatured is not a problem.  Does anyone know
of a reliable and quick way to do this verification step ?

Thanks,

Roger Graham
Roger Graham
Dept. of Microbiology