extract membrane protein

BARRY J MARGULIES bjmarg at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
Sun Feb 6 14:15:56 EST 1994

In article <60632 at sdcc12.ucsd.edu> wsun at jeeves.ucsd.edu (Fiberman) writes:
>I am expressing a receptor in Xenopus oocytes.  It is a membrane
>protein.  I wish to extract the protein for a Western blot.
>Does anyone out there have a quick and simple protocol for
>extracting membrane protein from frog eggs?  I would appreciate
>your help.  Thanks.
>
>-fm

I would like to append a request:  Does anyone have such a protocol for
extraction of such from *any* cell type.  I've been trying for a couple
years now, using many different types of detergent/buffer combinations
for immppt.  It seems that every time I turn around, there's another
option to try.  Anyway, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

--
-Barry (bjmarg at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu)