E. coli TG2 info, please

Brent Pollock bpgm at unixg.ubc.ca
Mon Feb 7 15:35:11 EST 1994

Tony:

TG2 was the standard E. coli I used throughout my Ph. D. research but I am
unable to give you the answer you are looking for. My supervisor brought
it with him from Holland and he obtained it from Toby J. Gibson who, in
conjunction with M. D. Biggin, constructed TG2 from JM101 at the
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre, Cambridge, U.K. I don't know
either of them personally nor do I know their present whereabouts or if
they are "online". I assume that you have the genotype for the strain, but
if you don't I can e-mail it to you.

Ciao!
Brent Pollock

[stuff deleted]
>	Would someone out there tell me whom I can contact about E. coli
>strain TG2?  I obtained the strain umpteenth-hand, and have a couple of
>questions about it.  For example, I'd like some information about the
>Tn10 insertion at the srl/recA loci, and if there's any phenotypic
>difference between the recA deletion and recA1.  Any help is greatly
>appreciated.
[stuff deleted]