CTAB HELP

Harry Hahn hhahn at macc.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 8 09:05:03 EST 1994

In article <ydegefu.12.2D579347 at viikki21.helsinki.fi>,
ydegefu at viikki21.helsinki.fi (YESHITILA DEGEFU (MMKAB_OPISK)) wrote:

> Can anyone indicate a protocol for the use of CTAB in DNA purification? I
> will be grateful if you also add your experience in using this reagent.

[My mailer didn't recognize hour host address so I'm posting here.]

I use a protocol from BioTechniques Vol. 7, No. 5 (1989) page 514-519.

This method has replaced the alkaline lysis protocol for my standard
miniprep. The yields are generally just as good, the DNA is cleaner (I can
usually sequence it without further clean up), and the procedure is easier
(although it takes about the same time).

Hope this helps,
Harry