Footprinting with MPE

beatriz at animal.ufl.edu beatriz at animal.ufl.edu
Wed Feb 9 14:27:10 EST 1994

Dear bionetters,

I would like to know if anyone has tried an alternative to DNase I
footpirninting that involves cleaving of the protected DNA with
mehidiumpropyl-EDTA (MPE) in the presence of ferrous ion.  The reference I
have (Landolfi et al., 1989, BioTechniques 7(5):500) just says that MPE was
synthesized by Hertzberg and Dervan.  The problem I have is that I cannot
find this reagent anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks in advance, All comments welcomed,
Beatriz.
beatriz at animal.ufl.edu