Degenerate PCR...a complication..

Ed Rybicki ed at
Wed Feb 9 17:49:46 EST 1994

In article <2j8bs9$pvg at> aabuin at (Alejandro Abuin) writes:
>   Well, I want to do degenerate oligo PCR from a very conserved region of
>the known mouse cDNA.  How would you go about separating different species
>from a pool of PCR products of the same size?

Restrict them with an appropriate restriction enzyme or set thereof - i f the
sequences differ sufficiently you should get excellent differentiation (we got
immediate diffn of closely-related virus PCR prod of 300 bp with Acc1, eg)

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |    "Now you've got the hang of it    |
 | (ed at        | There's nothing you can't do with it |
 | Dept Microbiology           |        If you're very into it        |
 | University of Cape Town     |         You can't go wrong...."      |
 | 7700, South Africa          |               -Mad John              |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         | (Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, Small Faces)|