magic/voodoo miniprep

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Wed Feb 9 10:58:13 EST 1994

shiha02 at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu wrote:

: I have a plasmid, pSP1, containing an insert, that I am trying to
: digest with sph1 (The site should be in the insert). Now, if I purify
              ^^^^
Apart from what has been written about Promega Kits of all kinds I have
found SphI to be a quite "unreliable" enzyme. Sometimes it cuts,
sometimes it cuts partially only. I have not found (yet) to cut it
not at all, though :-) It also seems to depend on the vector you want
to cut (pUC18 usually works fine).

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */