ethidium bromide

Derek M. Harkins harkinsd at fiu.edu
Thu Feb 10 14:47:34 EST 1994

hraaxl at marc.cri.nz wrote:
: Dear netters

: I'm sure this topic has been thrashed many times in the past. I'd like (if
: it exists) to see the archived discussion on ethidium bromide: its hazards;
: potential danger and disposal. Is there anyway of finding this archived
: discussion or is it lost forever?

: Anyway in our lab theres some dispute over how we use it to stain gels and
: dispose of it. Can someone put us straight?

: Tony Lough
: HortResearch
: Mt Albert Research Centre,
: Auckland
: New Zealand

Tony,

Here at our laboratory we follow the guidelines for usage and disposal as
described by Sambrook, Fritsch and Maniatis in _Molecular Cloning  A
Laboratory Manual/Second Edition_.  If you don't have this reference
contact me by e-mail.  I will send you the info you need.

Cheers,

Derek
--
* Derek M. Harkins <harkinsd at solix.fiu.edu> | All opinions here stated, if  *
* United States Department of Agriculture   | correct and lucid, are solely *