seeking chromosome-specific genomic library

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 10 08:54:24 EST 1994

In article <2jdtje$mka at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, mfreis at lsumc.edu (Marion
Freistadt) wrote:

> This message is being sent to both virology and methods-and-reagents.  I am
> looking for a chromosome-specific library (17).  Cosmid would be good.  To
> my knowledge, they are not yet commercially available.  Does anyone know if
> there are any available, e.g., through the human genome project?  If not,
> how hard are they to make?  Can one get sorted chromosomes?  How hard is it
> to sort chrom. by FACS??? Thanks

Check out the ATCC collection.

You can now telnet there by:

telnet atcc.org (login = SEARCH, password = COMMON)

alternatively you can access ATCC by gopher at:

gopher atcc.org or gopher.gdb.org or atcc.org

any probs contact gopher at atcc.org or email to help at atcc.org

 They have a number of chromosome specific libraries for human. Cosmid
(supercos) and phage (charon 40).

Martin Leach

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)