Buying hybridization oven - which one?

douglas l feinstein dlfeins at cumc.cornell.edu
Sun Feb 13 12:48:53 EST 1994

Subject: Buying hybridization oven - which one?
From: Pavel Sova, ps44 at bonjour.cc.columbia.edu
Date: 10 Feb 1994 19:30:14 GMT
In article <2je206$edh at apakabar.cc.columbia.edu> Pavel Sova,
ps44 at bonjour.cc.columbia.edu writes:
>Hi netters,
>
>we want to purchase a hybridization oven. One of our choices would be
the
>oven from Integrated Separation Systems, which is fairly cheap ($1385).
>
>Does any of you have the experience with this oven?
>Or, do you suggest another one with favourable
pricing/performance/servis?

Subject: Re: Buying hybridization oven - which one?
From: James S. Sutcliffe, jamess at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu
Date: 11 Feb 1994 21:29:27 GMT
In article <2jgtbn$mb at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> James S. Sutcliffe,
jamess at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu writes:
>>we want to purchase a hybridization oven. One of our choices would be
the
>>oven from Integrated Separation Systems, which is fairly cheap ($1385).
>>
>>Does any of you have the experience with this oven?
>>Or, do you suggest another one with favourable
pricing/performance/servis?

>I would recommend Bellco as a supplier. Whe I was in graduate school
sevral
>years ago, we had two large Bellco hyb. ovens. There was never a problem
with
>either oven. The last Ichecked, they were running about $2500 for the
large
>oven. I don't know how much the small size costs.
>
>Jim Sutcliffe
>Department of Molecular and Human Genetics
>Baylor College of Medicine
*****
We bought a small Techne unit (about $1300-1400 including 4 small tubes).
Only problem is that the  only controls are 1) temp setting and 2) on /
off. You can't load or unload without turning whole unit (including
heater ) off. The bottle are large enough for most small blots and for
screening secondaries (80 mm circles).

dlf
Doug Feinstein																	 |  Voice:   212 570-2900
Dept Neurobiology															|	Fax:      212 988-3672
Cornell University Medical College    |  E-mail: dlfeins at cumc.cornell.edu
We're not the best at what we do, but we're the only ones who do it...