Buying hybridization oven - which one?

James B. Hutchins jbh at anat.UMSMED.EDU
Sun Feb 13 15:31:01 EST 1994

>In article <2je206$edh at> Pavel Sova,
>ps44 at writes:
>we want to purchase a hybridization oven.
[stuff deleted]

If price is a strong consideration, you can do as I did.  We bought a
large, inexpensive Fisher incubator with glass door (about $350) and
a rotator base and bottles from BioComp Instruments, Fredricton, NB.
(run by David Coombs, a heck of a nice guy and a *real* scientist).
The rotator base is rated to 80 deg C.  We have been very happy with this
setup, and it ran about $1000 for the whole deal.

(No connection to any of the above companies.)

Jim Hutchins                    []     E-Mail: jbh at
Asst Prof of Anatomy            []     Asst Prof of Neurology
Univ Mississippi Med Ctr        []     Jackson, MS