E. coli TG2 info, please

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Tue Feb 15 07:34:05 EST 1994

MYGALP01 at ulkyvm.louisville.edu wrote:
: If I am not mistaken, of the two other recA mutations available (recA1 and
:  recA56) one was found to be a point mutation, and another - a small deletion.

As an aside, where would you find out what a description like recA1 really
means? (That is, is it a point mutation, a deletion, a frameshift or whatever?)
Maybe this is a trivial question, but so far I have not been able to track
down detailed descriptions of genotypes.

--Cornelius.
/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */