seeking chromosome-specific genomic librar

Dean Danner Lab djdlab at
Tue Feb 15 16:11:01 EST 1994

In article mka at, mfreis at (Marion Freistadt) writes:
>This message is being sent to both virology and methods-and-reagents.  I am
>looking for a chromosome-specific library (17).  Cosmid would be good.  To
>my knowledge, they are not yet commercially available.  Does anyone know if
>there are any available, e.g., through the human genome project?  If not,
>how hard are they to make?  Can one get sorted chromosomes?  How hard is it
>to sort chrom. by FACS??? Thanks

I know that ATCC has cromosome specific libraries as we ordered
one for chr. 19 from them.  If you need more info, e-mail me and
I will get an address or phone number for you.

Tracy Sitler
Dept. of Genetics and Molecular Medicine
Emory University
djdlab at
tsitler at