library construction kits

Anita Gould anita at sandman.cco.caltech.edu
Thu Feb 17 00:46:50 EST 1994

   From: rnd2v at GALEN.MED.VIRGINIA.EDU ("Richard N. Day")
   Date: 16 Feb 1994 21:26:55 -0000

   Dear fellow netters:
      I'm interested in preparing a custom cDNA library using one of
   several kits that are currently available.  I know that both
   Stratagene and Clontech supply complete kits for this purpose.
      Does anyone have experience with these kits and can you
   recommend one?
   Thanks in advance.
   Richard Day
   University of Virginia
   rnd2v at virginia.edu

I haven't used it myself, but people in my lab tried the Pharmacia
kit, & had a lot of trouble.  I think the problem turned out to be the
spin column not working as advertised, despite careful handling.  So
that's probably one to avoid!  If you (or anyone else) want more
details, I'd be glad to ask my labmates.  Anyway, good luck!  Let us
know what you find out.
--

                                   -Anita Gould
                                    anita at cco.caltech.edu