Pinpoint XA expression system

danismit danismit at dante.nmsu.edu.
Mon Feb 21 00:45:55 EST 1994

We've been trying to get this expression system working in our lab for
about a month but have not gotten any positive results.  We've checked
the constructs and the protein is in reading frame.  We see the
naturally biotin labeled protein of E.Coli but can't seem to find our
protein of interest.  The same insert placed into a PET22B his tag
expression vector works well.  Our current thought is we are not using
a good expression strain.  Tried DH5alpha and XL1 BLue.  ANy
suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Dan Smith
New Mexico State Univ