baculo vector help needed

suter at VAX.MPIZ-KOELN.MPG.d400.de suter at VAX.MPIZ-KOELN.MPG.d400.de
Wed Feb 23 04:44:44 EST 1994

i am still preparing a baculovirus expression system, and need
some advice on a suitable vector.

i would like to use the baculogold system from pharmingen, so
the vector in which i would like to clone my ORF should be compatable
with this, however, i can check this out myself.

basically, I would like to clone my ORF straight into a vector, no
signal sequence, no extra his residues and so on. so the orf
starts with an ATG, and ends with the baculovirus
termination sequences.

problem: i can't clone over NcoI, since the start is atgAagt.
does any body know of a suitable vector in which i could clone over
NdeI ??? preferably, one from the pAcC3,4,5 series (which appear to be
very good, cetus company).

thanks in advance, clemens

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Zuechtungsforschung
Abteilung Genetische Grundlagen der Zuechtungsforschung
Carl-von-Linne Weg 10,        D-50829 Koeln, Germany
Tel.xx49.221.5062-221    Fax.-213      e-mail: suter at vax.mpiz-koeln.mpg.d400.de