Cell culture-transfection-reporter gene: Suggested Readings?

jeff sega at midway.uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 23 17:02:05 EST 1994

Hello all:
          I am about to embark on a project studying the promoter
region of my gene (LDH).  This will involve slicing and dicing the
regulatory region, subcloning into reporter vectors, and transfection
into cell cultures.  My problem is that I have never done anything like
this before and would like to read up on general background information
as well as the newest techniques.  Can anyone suggest good books,
review articles, or other sources that will help me learn the general
aspects, the scientific jargin, and the how to of cell culture,
transfection, and reporter genes?  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.  You can write to me directly (sega at midway.uchicago.edu)
or just post a response.
                                 Thanks,
                                 Jeff Segal