Lengthening simple DNA repeats

V.T. Forsyth pha23 at cc.keele.ac.uk
Thu Feb 24 10:03:00 EST 1994

Has anybody got any ideas for an efficent method of extending the length of
a simple repetitive DNA? We currently have poly[d(c7A-T)].poly[d(c7A-T)]
(i.e. the adenine is deaza at the 7 position) which from agarose is approx.
1000 bp long and we wish to extend it to 10-20 k bp long. It has been
suggested that I do some annealing, followed by Klenowing the gaps and then
using T4 ligase to link everything together but not being a proper
biochemist I am worried...

Any advice?

Trevor Forsyth, Physics Department, Keele University, U.K.