Insta minipreps

dspete at dspete at
Fri Feb 25 15:09:04 EST 1994

In article <9402251345.AA14419 at>, <beverley at MBCRR.HARVARD.EDU>
> Has anyone tried Insta-minipreprs from 5'-->3'?  Do they work well?
> They look to be quite fast.  I also wonder what the gel barrier they
> use for the aqueous and organic phases may be.
> Thanks
> Steve Beverley
> BCMP Dept.
> Harvard Medical School

I've used them for awhile now with good results. The gel looks like a cross
between wax and vasoline. One caveat though, disposing of the phenol/chloroform
is somewhat of a pain since it's neatly trapped beneath the gel. I use a wood
applicator stick to scoop the gel to one side so that the organics can be
poured into the waste bottle.

David Peterson
* David S. Peterson                 Phone  (301) 496-4023               *
* National Institutes of Health                                         *
* Laboratory of Malaria Research    Fax    (301) 402-0079               *
* Bldg4, Rm B1-34                                                       *
* Bethesda MD, 20892                Email: dspete at         *