Separation of Neutrophils from Human Blood

Sat Feb 26 18:49:23 EST 1994

Alex from lpss at unixhg.ubc.ca
wrote:

> As the title says, we are trying to separate neutrophiles from human
> peripheral blood. Currently, we are using the Ficol-Hypaque gradient
> centrifugation method. It's very time consuming. I'd to know other
> methods, more efficient ones, such as: magnetic beads, column, etc. If
> anyone know or used such methods, pleaselet me know.
> Thanks
> Alex
	I have seen a product advertised somewhere in literature
called LEUKOPREP.  I think it was meant specifically to isolate
DNA from PBMC of blood.  I have no idea how this works or how
efficient is this.
	If someone ever used this, would you please post an
answer.  Now that many kits (Hi Jim 8-)) can be directly used to
extract DNA from the whole blood, I guess people have stopped using any
labor intensive methods for this purpose.
Raj Shankarappa
bsh at med.pitt.edu